If you are interested in making ethical choices at the supermarket why not do the same with your investments and superannuation? This is the concept behind ethical investment. Ethical investment can also be called responsible investment or green investing but the basic principle remains the same. It allows you to integrate your personal values and social concerns with your investment choices.
Ethical investment is the practice of consciously choosing to invest in companies whose activities you believe will serve the common good on a range of ethical, social and environmental issues as well as providing financial returns which are competitive with conventional investments.
- ask your superannuation fund to put your super into their ethical portfolio.
- consider investing with an ethical investment fund management company.
Find out more about ethical investment options:
- Australian Ethical Investment
- Ethical Investment Advisors
- Responsible Investment Association Australasia (industry association)
More information on how you can take action on Finance and Superannuation